Notes from the Webfontday 2012 in Munich
November 12, 2012
- easel.io is great for font previewing in the browser.
- typecast, too.
- Appearently, there is a client side method for detecting sub-pixel-rendering in browsers, which makes a screenshot in canvas and analyses the pixels via JS. Couldn’t find it yet. UPDATE: got it!
- Iconfonts are awesome.
- A good iconfont is Symbolicons.
- Another good and free iconfont is Font Awesome (I am using it in a project right now and I agree).
- You can make your own icon fonts at icomoon.
- Timepiece Rounded is a font which uses open-type-scripting to display an analog clock. See for yourself.
- The new website of the Helmholtz Zentrum München has their mobile menu on an extra page. I’m not sure if it’s more usable than having a drop-down. I’m sure that it is much slower, though.
- Hyphenator implements client-side hyphenation on websites
- I have to read “Shape of design”. Push_back-ing it to the end of my 2,132 books-queue.